Centre grants 1,699 additional seats for Haj-2013: Peerzada
Jammu: Centre has granted 1,699 seats from Haj Committee of India (HCI) to Jammu and Kashmir, raising the total seats to 8,819 for Haj-2013.
The state has received an additional Haj quota of 1,699 seats from the Haj Committee of India raising the total number of Haj seats to 8,819 for the Haj-2013, Minister for Haj and Auqaf, Peerzada Mohammad Sayeed said here today.
This year, the state Haj Committee has received 21,693 applications from aspirants, Peerzada said.
Out of the total 7,120 allotted seats, 1,991 seats were allotted to reserve category A above the age group of 70, 2,512 seats to reserve category B (4th timer), while as 2,617 seats were allotted through Qurrah (lottery), he said.
With an additional quota of 1,699, applicants from serial number 1 to 1,699 under general waiting list have been declared as provisionally selected for Haj pilgrimage, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump