Centre grants 1,699 additional seats for Haj-2013: Peerzada
Jammu: Centre has granted 1,699 seats from Haj Committee of India (HCI) to Jammu and Kashmir, raising the total seats to 8,819 for Haj-2013.
The state has received an additional Haj quota of 1,699 seats from the Haj Committee of India raising the total number of Haj seats to 8,819 for the Haj-2013, Minister for Haj and Auqaf, Peerzada Mohammad Sayeed said here today.
This year, the state Haj Committee has received 21,693 applications from aspirants, Peerzada said.
Out of the total 7,120 allotted seats, 1,991 seats were allotted to reserve category A above the age group of 70, 2,512 seats to reserve category B (4th timer), while as 2,617 seats were allotted through Qurrah (lottery), he said.
With an additional quota of 1,699, applicants from serial number 1 to 1,699 under general waiting list have been declared as provisionally selected for Haj pilgrimage, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened