Centre keen to see J&K progressing: Seth
Srinagar: A central team led by Union
Cabinet Secretary Ajit Kumar Seth on Monday assured the Jammu and
Kashmir government of full support for comprehensive
development of the state.
"Union government is keen to see Jammu and Kashmir
progressing in all sectors. We assure full central support to
the state for comprehensive development," Seth said chairing
the joint meeting of Union Secretaries and State
Administrative Secretaries here.
The meeting came hours after Seth met Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah and discussed issues pertaining to economic
development in the state.
"During the meeting (between Omar and Seth), matters
relating to the flagship programmes and centrally-sponsored
schemes came up for a detailed discussion," an official
spokesman said after the meeting.
The Chief Minister said this year`s peaceful summer
had resulted in a highly successful tourist season,
particularly in the Valley.
It also contributed to fast-tracking development works
and reaching out the benefits of the schemes to people across
the state, Omar said.
On holding of peaceful, free and fair panchayat
elections in the state this year, after a gap of about 30
years, he said the government was committed to establishing a
powerful panchayat system.
"All the three levels of Panchayat Raj will be made
functional over the next couple of months," he said.
The Chief Minister said the state government was
determined to hold elections to urban local bodies during the
current financial year to ensure the transfer of powers at
grassroot level and active association of the people with the
The central team arrived here yesterday and had a
detailed discussion with Governor N N Vohra on the internal
and external security management of the state, the spokesman
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi