Centre non-serious about Kashmir issue: Mirwaiz
Srinagar: The Moderate faction of Hurriyat
Conference on Friday accused the Centre of being non-serious about
resolving Kashmir issue in accordance to the wishes and
aspirations of the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Government of India is engaged in non-serious acts aimed
at delaying a solution to the long pending Kashmir issue. The
appointment of interlocutors a year ago was part of this
policy," Hurriyat Chairman Mirwaiz Umer Farooq told a Friday
congregation at historic Jamia Masjid in downtown Srinagar.
He said Kashmiris are engaged in a prolonged struggle for
their rights and are determined to continue this movement to
its logical conclusion.
He expressed satisfaction over the voices being raised for
resolution of Kashmir issue within the civil society of the
Dismissing the report of the three-member team of central
interlocutors, the Mirwaiz said, "We have seen many such
people in the past...from K C Pant to N N Vohra to Wajahat
Habibullah and the latest team."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi