Centre non-serious about Kashmir issue: Mirwaiz
Srinagar: The Moderate faction of Hurriyat
Conference on Friday accused the Centre of being non-serious about
resolving Kashmir issue in accordance to the wishes and
aspirations of the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Government of India is engaged in non-serious acts aimed
at delaying a solution to the long pending Kashmir issue. The
appointment of interlocutors a year ago was part of this
policy," Hurriyat Chairman Mirwaiz Umer Farooq told a Friday
congregation at historic Jamia Masjid in downtown Srinagar.
He said Kashmiris are engaged in a prolonged struggle for
their rights and are determined to continue this movement to
its logical conclusion.
He expressed satisfaction over the voices being raised for
resolution of Kashmir issue within the civil society of the
Dismissing the report of the three-member team of central
interlocutors, the Mirwaiz said, "We have seen many such
people in the past...from K C Pant to N N Vohra to Wajahat
Habibullah and the latest team."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love