Centre policy on Kashmir forcing youth to take up arms: Geelani
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed Ali Geelani on Thursday claimed the "aggressive" and "stubborn" policy of the Centre on Kashmir was forcing the youth of the Valley to take up arms.
"India`s aggressive and stubborn policy will bear more terrible results in future and it is because of this youth (have) opted to take (to) arms," Geelani said in a statement here.
The Hurriyat leader was commenting on Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s remarks about educated youth joining militant ranks. Omar said it was a matter of concern and the government is looking into it.
"There is no need (for Omar) to bother as it is a simple issue and even innocent children are familiar with hard realities," Geelani said.
He said it was due to denial of political space that young men were encouraged to take to arms and sacrifice their lives for "pious cause".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police