Centre policy on Kashmir forcing youth to take up arms: Geelani
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed Ali Geelani on Thursday claimed the "aggressive" and "stubborn" policy of the Centre on Kashmir was forcing the youth of the Valley to take up arms.
"India`s aggressive and stubborn policy will bear more terrible results in future and it is because of this youth (have) opted to take (to) arms," Geelani said in a statement here.
The Hurriyat leader was commenting on Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s remarks about educated youth joining militant ranks. Omar said it was a matter of concern and the government is looking into it.
"There is no need (for Omar) to bother as it is a simple issue and even innocent children are familiar with hard realities," Geelani said.
He said it was due to denial of political space that young men were encouraged to take to arms and sacrifice their lives for "pious cause".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Will give 'all justifications' for 8.8% EPF interest rate: Dattatreya
- Are you or people around you happy or sad? Twitter has the answer!
- From Shahid Kapoor to Tommy Singh: Check out the eye-popping transformation for 'Udta Punjab' – Watch
- Finance Ministry defends lower interest rate on EPF, cites lack of funds
- Rahul Gandhi and Buddhadeb Bhattacharya are doing ILU ILU in WB: Amit Shah