Centre policy on Kashmir forcing youth to take up arms: Geelani
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed Ali Geelani on Thursday claimed the "aggressive" and "stubborn" policy of the Centre on Kashmir was forcing the youth of the Valley to take up arms.
"India`s aggressive and stubborn policy will bear more terrible results in future and it is because of this youth (have) opted to take (to) arms," Geelani said in a statement here.
The Hurriyat leader was commenting on Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s remarks about educated youth joining militant ranks. Omar said it was a matter of concern and the government is looking into it.
"There is no need (for Omar) to bother as it is a simple issue and even innocent children are familiar with hard realities," Geelani said.
He said it was due to denial of political space that young men were encouraged to take to arms and sacrifice their lives for "pious cause".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials