Centre policy on Kashmir forcing youth to take up arms: Geelani
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed Ali Geelani on Thursday claimed the "aggressive" and "stubborn" policy of the Centre on Kashmir was forcing the youth of the Valley to take up arms.
"India`s aggressive and stubborn policy will bear more terrible results in future and it is because of this youth (have) opted to take (to) arms," Geelani said in a statement here.
The Hurriyat leader was commenting on Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s remarks about educated youth joining militant ranks. Omar said it was a matter of concern and the government is looking into it.
"There is no need (for Omar) to bother as it is a simple issue and even innocent children are familiar with hard realities," Geelani said.
He said it was due to denial of political space that young men were encouraged to take to arms and sacrifice their lives for "pious cause".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- 'A Flying Jatt' rapper Raftaar speaks about his Bollywood journey- READ
- Pakistani beauty Mahira Khan caught in mixed emotions for 'Raees'
- No relief from HC for expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh
- Beat that! Egyptian women are world leaders in assaulting husbands
- Mamata condoles Mahasweta Devi's passing