Centre should fix mandate to interlocutors: BJP
Jammu: Lashing out at the UPA for giving
"unbridled mandate" to the interlocutors, BJP asked the
Centre to clarify its stand on the Kashmir issue and fix the
mandate provided to the trio.
"The entire exercise of interlocutors is totally
futile as the Centre has given them unbridled mandate which
has caused much confusion for the people of the country and
state," BJP state spokesperson Nirmal Kamal said here.
The central government fix the limit of the mandate
given to the interlocutors to avoid any kind of further
confusion as people here are perplexed over the trio`s
"confused utterances", she claimed.
The interlocutors should concentrate on the task
assigned to them, she said, adding that the Union government
should also make public the parameters under which they have
The interlocutors have still not mended their ways and
are continuing to create confusion with regard to their role
in state, she alleged.
Keeping in mind the futility of the exercise, the
state BJP had decided not to meet this team, the spokesperson
said, adding that the apprehensions were not unfounded.
"The same is being reflected in the confused statement
being given by the interlocutors," Kamal said. She also
alleged the interlocutors of giving "mandate to themselves
more than required".
The interlocutors were supposed to find out solution
to the ongoing unrest due to continuation of agitations.
"But the statement given by Radha Kumar explicitly
point out extra mandate given to them to find out a road-map
or a framework to resolve Kashmir dispute which clearly
contradicts the national version that there is no Kashmir
dispute and if ever there is any -- that is with regard to the
Pak-occupied Kashmir only," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video