Centre`s interlocutors on J&K face protests in Jammu
Jammu: Centre`s former interlocutors on Jammu and Kashmir, who were scheduled to meet several delegations to discuss the recommendations made in their report, on Sunday faced protests by the activists of various organisations following which they were forced to return back from the meeting venue.
However, later, after the protesters were dispersed from the venue, the interlocutors held their conference with the delegations.
As head of the interlocutors group, Dilip Padgaonkar and Prof Radha Kumar arrived at the venue this morning, the activists of Bhartiya Janta Vuya Morcha(BJYM), Sangrash Samiti Kranti Dal and Panun Kashmir staged protest demonstrations against them compelling them to leave the area.
Meanwhile, the protesters, while talking to the reporters here, said that the interlocutors must return back as their reports were rejected by them.
"BJP has already rejected the report and so we do not want to see them here," BJYM State President Munish Sharma said.
The former interlocutors on Jammu and Kashmir have arrived here from Srinagar where they met a cross section of people during the past three days. The panel met a few delegations, to obtain inputs about the recommendations made in the report.
BJP, Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP), Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), BSP and Panun Kashmir have already boycotted their meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?