Centre`s interlocutors on J&K wind up six-day tour
Jammu: Winding up the six-day tour of Jammu and Kashmir amidst protests and boycotts, Centre`s former interlocutors on Jammu and Kashmir on Monday met a Congress delegation before flying back to New Delhi.
A delegation of Congress party, led by senior vice-president, JKPCC, Dharampal Sharma met the interlocutors this morning at government guest house in Jammu and discussed the various aspects of the report submitted by them.
The delegation appreciated the exercise to strengthen the process of dialogue in the state and their efforts to reach out to the cross sections of the society.
Meanwhile, chief of the interlocutors panel Dilip Padgaonkar said that the tour to the state to obtain inputs from various political parties about the recommendations in the report was "productive".
"Our period here was more productive as we got some more professional and important inputs which we will convey to Union Home ministry," Padgaonkar told reporters here.
The former interlocutors, who were scheduled to meet several delegations to discuss the recommendations made in their report, yesterday faced protests by the activists of various organisations following which they were forced to return back from the meeting venue.
However, later, after the protesters were dispersed from the venue, the interlocutors held their conference with the delegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog