Centre`s interlocutors on J&K wind up six-day tour
Jammu: Winding up the six-day tour of Jammu and Kashmir amidst protests and boycotts, Centre`s former interlocutors on Jammu and Kashmir on Monday met a Congress delegation before flying back to New Delhi.
A delegation of Congress party, led by senior vice-president, JKPCC, Dharampal Sharma met the interlocutors this morning at government guest house in Jammu and discussed the various aspects of the report submitted by them.
The delegation appreciated the exercise to strengthen the process of dialogue in the state and their efforts to reach out to the cross sections of the society.
Meanwhile, chief of the interlocutors panel Dilip Padgaonkar said that the tour to the state to obtain inputs from various political parties about the recommendations in the report was "productive".
"Our period here was more productive as we got some more professional and important inputs which we will convey to Union Home ministry," Padgaonkar told reporters here.
The former interlocutors, who were scheduled to meet several delegations to discuss the recommendations made in their report, yesterday faced protests by the activists of various organisations following which they were forced to return back from the meeting venue.
However, later, after the protesters were dispersed from the venue, the interlocutors held their conference with the delegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks