Charge sheet filed against 2 govt officials in 2007 graft case
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir State Vigilance Organisation (SVO) has filed a charge sheet before a local court against two government officials for misappropriating public money meant for widows, handicapped and old-aged persons.
The charge sheet was filed yesterday in the court of Special Judge Anti-Corruption Kashmir.
"Vigilance Organisation presented a charge-sheet in a case registered on July 18, 2008, against Rafiqa, the then Junior Assistant at Tehsil Social Welfare Office Chadoora and Manzoor-ul-Haq, the then Associate Executive (Manager) of Jammu and Kashmir Bank Chadoora" an officials said today.
During the probe it was found that in 2006-2007 the accused hatched a criminal conspiracy and by falsification of accounts and misappropriated public money to the tune of over Rs 16 lakh, which was otherwise meant for widows, handicapped and old-aged persons listed with Tehsil Social Welfare Office, Chadoora in Budgam district of central Kashmir, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed