Charge sheet filed against 2 govt officials in 2007 graft case
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir State Vigilance Organisation (SVO) has filed a charge sheet before a local court against two government officials for misappropriating public money meant for widows, handicapped and old-aged persons.
The charge sheet was filed yesterday in the court of Special Judge Anti-Corruption Kashmir.
"Vigilance Organisation presented a charge-sheet in a case registered on July 18, 2008, against Rafiqa, the then Junior Assistant at Tehsil Social Welfare Office Chadoora and Manzoor-ul-Haq, the then Associate Executive (Manager) of Jammu and Kashmir Bank Chadoora" an officials said today.
During the probe it was found that in 2006-2007 the accused hatched a criminal conspiracy and by falsification of accounts and misappropriated public money to the tune of over Rs 16 lakh, which was otherwise meant for widows, handicapped and old-aged persons listed with Tehsil Social Welfare Office, Chadoora in Budgam district of central Kashmir, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof