Check crime graph in Jammu region: J&K govt
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government Wednesday directed senior police officials to intensify night-patrolling and ensure adequate security to check the incidents of crime in Jammu region.
Minister of State for Home, Sajjad Ahmad Kichloo in a high-level meeting here said that there has been an increase in crime in districts of Kathua, Samba and Jammu.
Kichloo asked police chiefs of the three districts to take stern action to bring down the crime graph.
"We must instill a sense of confidence and security among the people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez