`Chhari Mubarak` to leave for holy Cave next week
Srinagar: `Chhari Mubarak`, the holy mace of Lord Shiva, will be taken to south Kashmir`s Pahalgam next week on a month-long journey of special prayers, marking the ritualistic start of the Amarnath pilgrimage.
The first of a series of special prayers will be held on July 3 at Mattan temple in Anantnag district.
"Chhari Mubarak will leave for Pahalgam from Dashnami Akhara, Srinagar. `Bhoomi Pujan` and `Dhwajarohan` (flag hoisting) ceremonies will be performed at the resting place of Chhari Mubarak in Pahalgam. After performing the rituals, Chhari Mubarak will return to Dashnami Akhara the same day," Mahant Deependra Giri, the custodian of the holy mace, said in a statement.
Prayers will also be offered at Shankaracharya temple and Sharika Bhawani temple on July 19 and 20, Giri said.
On July 23, `Charri Pujan` will be performed at Dashnami Akhara on the occasion of `Nag Panchami`.
The `holy mace` will begin its journey from Srinagar to the Amarnath cave shrine on July 28 and on its way special rituals and prayers will be performed at Sureshwar temple in Srinagar, Shiv temples in Pampore and Bijbehara, `Martand-Tirth` in Mattan and Ganesh temple across river Lidder at Ganeshbal, he said.
The `puja` will be performed at Pahalgam on July 29.
The Mahant will carry the holy mace to Amarnathji on August 2, `Shravan-Purnima` to have the `Darshan`. On that auspicious day prayers would be offered whole day with traditional rituals.
"On August 4, after the `puja` and `visarjan` (culminating) ceremonies at the bank of river Lidder in Pahalgam, `Chhari Mubarak` will return to Srinagar", Giri added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray