Chidambaram talks to J&K PCC leadership
Jammu: Union Home Minister P Chidambaram
on Thursday began his two-day visit to Jammu region with a closed-
door meeting with top state Congress leadership to discuss the
the "political aspirations" of three regions of the state.
The meeting assumes importance in view of the parallel
rallies organised by Jammu and Kashmir Pradesh Congress
(JKPCC) and another by dissident Congress leadership, which
was addressed by Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad on the death anniversary of Mahatama Gandhi on 30 January.
Chidambaram is understood to have heard the PCC point of
point of view about governance and how the party can be
strengthened in the state where it is ruling in alliance with
A delegation of 30 to 40 local Congress leaders,
including ministers, MLAs, MLCs and senior office bearers led
by Soz, held the meeting with Chidambaram.
JKPCC chief Saifuddin Soz said the Centre-appointed
interlocutors on Kashmir have submitted their reports to the
Centre on their J&K visits and Chidambaram discussed the
issues with various political parties besides reviewing the
security situation of Jammu Kashmir.
"Chidambaram, who is coming here on my invitation, is
meeting our leaders on political aspects of J&K as the
interlocutors have submitted their reports", Soz told
He said the Home Minister "will know the political aspect
of Kashmir issue. If there is a political change in J&K, the
Home Minister wants to know the voices, wishes and aspirations
on the political front of Ladakh, Kashmir and Jammu regions
from leaders here", Soz said.
Chidambaramm, who is accompanied by Soz, Director
Intelligence Bureau (IB), Rajiv Kapoor, Director General (DG)
CRPF, K Vijay Kumar and Joint Secretary Home, K Sikandan, will
hold a security review meeting here tomorrow and also visit
The Home Minister will meet Chief Minister Omar Abdullah
over breakfast tommorrow and will hold a security review
meeting at Abdullah`s residence.
He will also have a dinner meeting with Governor N N
Vohra at the Raj Bhawan where they are expected to discuss the
security situation, counter terrorism operation,infiltration,
and governance in the state.
The Home Minister will fly to Kishtwar where he will
review the security situation of five districts of Jammu
region at a high level meeting.
This is for the first time a Union Minister is visiting
Kishtwar after the then Home Minister L K Advani had gone to
the district in 1998.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you