China undertaking infrastructure development in Tibet: Army
Jammu: Maintaining that necessary steps
have been initiated for addressing national security concerns,
Army has said China is undertaking infrastructure development
programme in the Tibet Autonomous Region which includes
construction of roads, railways and airfields.
"It is understood China is undertaking infrastructure
development programme in TAR including construction of roads,
railways and airfields," an Army report said.
It said the total road network in TAR was assessed at
58,000 kms in 2010, adding the extension of Qinghai Tibet
Railway to Xigaze by the Chinese is also in progress.
"Another railway line from Kashgar to Hotan in
Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region (XUAR) is under construction
by the Chinese," the report said.
Five airfields in TAR -- Gongar, Pangta, Linchi,
Hoping and Gar Gunsa -- have become operational, a Defence
spokesman quoting the report said.
Necessary steps are being taken to ensure that
national security concerns are adequately addressed through
development of infrastructure including rail, roads and
forward air fields as well as operational capabilities of the
armed forces, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!