Chinese incursion a serious matter: J&K govt
Jammu: Voicing concern over Chinese troops incursion "a long way inside" the Indian territory, Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday said it has taken it up with the Centre and the issue should be looked into seriously.
"As far China is concerned, it has come long way inside (our territory). We have last week informed Government of India.... They (China) have come a long way inside and we have well informed them (Centre) in this regard," Minister of State for Home Sajjad Ahmad Kichloo told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
"It is a very serious issue. Again and again they (China) are trying to intrude into our territory. We should seriously look into it," the Minister said.
Kichloo said the state government had last week written to the Centre about it but has not received any response from it yet.
"The state government has written to Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) (over the issue of Chinese incursion). I have told you that the government of India has been looking into it seriously," he said.
"It takes some time, whether it would be resolved through talks or anything else, it would be clear in two to three days," Kichloo added.
A Platoon-strength contingent of China`s People`s Liberation Army(PLA) came 10 km inside the Indian territory in Burthe in DBO sector, which is at an altitude of about 17,000 feet, on the night of April 15 and established a tented post there, according to highly placed sources, who said that a Chinese Army Platoon usually consists of around 50 men.
Kichloo said that there is a course of action involved and expressed hope that Centre will be formulating a strategy to deal with the issue.
"They (Centre) are not taking it lightly. There is a course of action involved in this. A strategy is to be formed. I believe the government of India is serious about this issue and they will be formulating a strategy in this regard," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender