Chinese incursion a serious matter: J&K govt
Jammu: Voicing concern over Chinese troops incursion "a long way inside" the Indian territory, Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday said it has taken it up with the Centre and the issue should be looked into seriously.
"As far China is concerned, it has come long way inside (our territory). We have last week informed Government of India.... They (China) have come a long way inside and we have well informed them (Centre) in this regard," Minister of State for Home Sajjad Ahmad Kichloo told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
"It is a very serious issue. Again and again they (China) are trying to intrude into our territory. We should seriously look into it," the Minister said.
Kichloo said the state government had last week written to the Centre about it but has not received any response from it yet.
"The state government has written to Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) (over the issue of Chinese incursion). I have told you that the government of India has been looking into it seriously," he said.
"It takes some time, whether it would be resolved through talks or anything else, it would be clear in two to three days," Kichloo added.
A Platoon-strength contingent of China`s People`s Liberation Army(PLA) came 10 km inside the Indian territory in Burthe in DBO sector, which is at an altitude of about 17,000 feet, on the night of April 15 and established a tented post there, according to highly placed sources, who said that a Chinese Army Platoon usually consists of around 50 men.
Kichloo said that there is a course of action involved and expressed hope that Centre will be formulating a strategy to deal with the issue.
"They (Centre) are not taking it lightly. There is a course of action involved in this. A strategy is to be formed. I believe the government of India is serious about this issue and they will be formulating a strategy in this regard," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account