Chinese incursion issue: VHP hits out at UPA govt
Jammu: Accusing the UPA government for its weak policies on border issues, VHP on Wednesday hit out at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for terming the Chinese incursion in Ladakh as a localised one and said such statements pose a threat to national security.
"Statements made by the PM that it (Chinese incursion) was a localised issue and by the Home Minister that it was a disputed area, are shocking," state Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) president Dr Ramakant Dubey told reporters here today.
Defence Minister AK Antony and Foreign Minister Salman Khurshid too, need to share the responsibility for the border impasse, he said.
"If the Prime Minister cannot safeguard the country`s borders and provide security to the nation...He should step down from his post," Dubey said.
"The present dispensation at the Centre is engrossed with corruption, rapes and financial scandals and has no time to address issues concerning the nation," Dubey said, urging the Centre to take more effective steps to secure the country and explore diplomatic, military and economic means to solve the dispute.
"(Centre) should create pressure through diplomatic and trade relations and also send forces to counter the Chinese troops," he said.
Dubey also appealed to people to boycott Chinese goods to exert pressure on China.
"India is a huge market for China. Chinese goods worth millions of dollars are sold in India; we should boycott the use of these products," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference