Chinese incursion issue: VHP hits out at UPA govt
Jammu: Accusing the UPA government for its weak policies on border issues, VHP on Wednesday hit out at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for terming the Chinese incursion in Ladakh as a localised one and said such statements pose a threat to national security.
"Statements made by the PM that it (Chinese incursion) was a localised issue and by the Home Minister that it was a disputed area, are shocking," state Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) president Dr Ramakant Dubey told reporters here today.
Defence Minister AK Antony and Foreign Minister Salman Khurshid too, need to share the responsibility for the border impasse, he said.
"If the Prime Minister cannot safeguard the country`s borders and provide security to the nation...He should step down from his post," Dubey said.
"The present dispensation at the Centre is engrossed with corruption, rapes and financial scandals and has no time to address issues concerning the nation," Dubey said, urging the Centre to take more effective steps to secure the country and explore diplomatic, military and economic means to solve the dispute.
"(Centre) should create pressure through diplomatic and trade relations and also send forces to counter the Chinese troops," he said.
Dubey also appealed to people to boycott Chinese goods to exert pressure on China.
"India is a huge market for China. Chinese goods worth millions of dollars are sold in India; we should boycott the use of these products," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre