Chinese intrusion motivated by trade interest: BJP
Jammu: Alleging that the recent intrusion by China in the eastern part of Ladakh was motivated by a "strong trade interest", BJP on Tuesday said that the move was part of a "far reaching" Chinese game plan.
"If earlier the predominant motivation behind Chinese intrusion designs was to gain strategic advantage in the region, the recent intrusions are motivated primarily by a strong trade interest and are a part of a far reaching Chinese game plan with serious implications," BJP National Executive Member and Chief Spokesperson Dr Jitendra Singh told reporters here.
Singh warned that the latest intrusion by People`s Liberation Army (PLA) in the Daulat Baig sector on April 15 should not be taken at its face value.
"Ladakh shares a 646 km border with China in the form of LAC and if China is able to trespass through Indian territory it will be able to gain easy and direct access to neighbouring countries like Tazakhistan and Afghanistan.
"China is a fast growing economy desperately looking for easily accessible gas resources to meet its requirements and is therefore looking for a possible route through Ladakh," he said.
A platoon-strength contingent of China`s People`s Liberation Army (PLA) came 10 km inside the Indian territory in Burthe in DBO sector, which is at an altitude of about 17,000 feet, on the night of April 15 and established a tented post there, according to highly placed sources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Tamil Nadu Budget 2016-17: All you need to know
- Need mix of fiscal, monetary policies to deal with Brexit: FM Jaitley
- Rio Olympics 2016: CAS rejects Russia appeal, bars athletes from mega event
- This manatee is interested in paddleboarding – Watch video!
- Oscar Pistorius: Prosecutors seek longer sentence for tainted Paralympian