Chronology: Attacks during VVIPs visits to J&K
Srinagar: There have been several attacks during or ahead of high-profile visits by VVIPs to Jammu and Kashmir.
Following is a chronology of such incidents since 1998:
January 1998: As many as 23 Kashmiri Pandits massacred at Wandhama on the outskirts of Srinagar on the eve of former Prime Minister I K Gujral`s visit.
May 2002: Senior Hurriyat leader Abdul Gani Lone shot dead in broad daylight at a public rally when the then Prime Minister A B Vajpayee was on a visit to the state.
August 2003: Suicide attack at Greenway Hotel in which ex-legislator Javed Shah was killed when Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee was chairing an inter-state council meeting at Sher-i-Kashmir convention centre.
April 2005: Suicide attack in Srinagar city when Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was to flag off Karwan-e-Aman bus service. Tourist reception centre was gutted down.
October 2009: Two persons killed in police action during law and order problem when Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was in city to flag off Qazigund-Baramulla railway line.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok