Chronology: Attacks during VVIPs visits to J&K
Srinagar: There have been several attacks during or ahead of high-profile visits by VVIPs to Jammu and Kashmir.
Following is a chronology of such incidents since 1998:
January 1998: As many as 23 Kashmiri Pandits massacred at Wandhama on the outskirts of Srinagar on the eve of former Prime Minister I K Gujral`s visit.
May 2002: Senior Hurriyat leader Abdul Gani Lone shot dead in broad daylight at a public rally when the then Prime Minister A B Vajpayee was on a visit to the state.
August 2003: Suicide attack at Greenway Hotel in which ex-legislator Javed Shah was killed when Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee was chairing an inter-state council meeting at Sher-i-Kashmir convention centre.
April 2005: Suicide attack in Srinagar city when Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was to flag off Karwan-e-Aman bus service. Tourist reception centre was gutted down.
October 2009: Two persons killed in police action during law and order problem when Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was in city to flag off Qazigund-Baramulla railway line.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today