Chronology: Attacks during VVIPs visits to J&K
Srinagar: There have been several attacks during or ahead of high-profile visits by VVIPs to Jammu and Kashmir.
Following is a chronology of such incidents since 1998:
January 1998: As many as 23 Kashmiri Pandits massacred at Wandhama on the outskirts of Srinagar on the eve of former Prime Minister I K Gujral`s visit.
May 2002: Senior Hurriyat leader Abdul Gani Lone shot dead in broad daylight at a public rally when the then Prime Minister A B Vajpayee was on a visit to the state.
August 2003: Suicide attack at Greenway Hotel in which ex-legislator Javed Shah was killed when Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee was chairing an inter-state council meeting at Sher-i-Kashmir convention centre.
April 2005: Suicide attack in Srinagar city when Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was to flag off Karwan-e-Aman bus service. Tourist reception centre was gutted down.
October 2009: Two persons killed in police action during law and order problem when Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was in city to flag off Qazigund-Baramulla railway line.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations