Citizens Advisory Councils constituted by J&K govt
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government
has decided to constitute Citizens Advisory Councils (CAC) at
divisional and district levels to promote peoples`
participation for the return of peace in the Valley.
"The government has issued directions for constituting CACs
at divisional and district levels by the concerned Divisional
Commissioners and Deputy Commissioners," an official spokesman
The composition envisaged for the CACs is broad based and
these will have representatives from politics, trade and
business organisations besides prominent members of the civil
society, he said.
The councils will inform and advise the divisional and
district administration on matters of public welfare, which
will result in speedier redressal of public grievances and
promotion of peace and harmony.
The divisional level Advisory Council will have 75
members and the district level Advisory Council 50 members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional