Citizens Advisory Councils constituted by J&K govt
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government
has decided to constitute Citizens Advisory Councils (CAC) at
divisional and district levels to promote peoples`
participation for the return of peace in the Valley.
"The government has issued directions for constituting CACs
at divisional and district levels by the concerned Divisional
Commissioners and Deputy Commissioners," an official spokesman
The composition envisaged for the CACs is broad based and
these will have representatives from politics, trade and
business organisations besides prominent members of the civil
society, he said.
The councils will inform and advise the divisional and
district administration on matters of public welfare, which
will result in speedier redressal of public grievances and
promotion of peace and harmony.
The divisional level Advisory Council will have 75
members and the district level Advisory Council 50 members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi