Citizens Advisory Councils constituted by J&K govt
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government
has decided to constitute Citizens Advisory Councils (CAC) at
divisional and district levels to promote peoples`
participation for the return of peace in the Valley.
"The government has issued directions for constituting CACs
at divisional and district levels by the concerned Divisional
Commissioners and Deputy Commissioners," an official spokesman
The composition envisaged for the CACs is broad based and
these will have representatives from politics, trade and
business organisations besides prominent members of the civil
society, he said.
The councils will inform and advise the divisional and
district administration on matters of public welfare, which
will result in speedier redressal of public grievances and
promotion of peace and harmony.
The divisional level Advisory Council will have 75
members and the district level Advisory Council 50 members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security