Civilian injured in mine blast near LoC in Rajouri
Jammu: A civilian was injured in a mine blast near the Line of Control in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Dharam Pal sustained injury in his right foot in a mine blast when he stepped on it in Makri area of Nowshera belt of Rajouri district yesterday, a defence spokesman said here today.
Pal had gone out to graze his animals when he entered into a marked minefield, he said.
The injured was initially evacuated to the nearest Army Unit and after first aid he was taken to the civil hospital at Nowshera. He was then referred to the General Hospital of the Army for specialised treatment, he said, adding his condition is now stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death