Civilian injured in mine blast near LoC in Rajouri
Jammu: A civilian was injured in a mine blast near the Line of Control in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Dharam Pal sustained injury in his right foot in a mine blast when he stepped on it in Makri area of Nowshera belt of Rajouri district yesterday, a defence spokesman said here today.
Pal had gone out to graze his animals when he entered into a marked minefield, he said.
The injured was initially evacuated to the nearest Army Unit and after first aid he was taken to the civil hospital at Nowshera. He was then referred to the General Hospital of the Army for specialised treatment, he said, adding his condition is now stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal