Civilian injured in mine blast near LoC in Rajouri
Jammu: A civilian was injured in a mine blast near the Line of Control in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Dharam Pal sustained injury in his right foot in a mine blast when he stepped on it in Makri area of Nowshera belt of Rajouri district yesterday, a defence spokesman said here today.
Pal had gone out to graze his animals when he entered into a marked minefield, he said.
The injured was initially evacuated to the nearest Army Unit and after first aid he was taken to the civil hospital at Nowshera. He was then referred to the General Hospital of the Army for specialised treatment, he said, adding his condition is now stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional