Civilian injured in Pakistani firing in Jammu
Jammu: A civilian was injured on Thursday in the Akhnoor sector along the international border in Jammu district, when the Pakistani troops opened unprovoked firing at an Indian paramilitary border post, an official said.
A paramilitary Border Security Force (BSF) officer said Pakistan Rangers opened fire at Pargwal post of the BSF in Akhnoor sector of the international border on Thursday afternoon.
"A woman has been injured in the Pakistani firing, which started at 12.30 pm today. Our troops have effectively retaliated. Firing exchanges are continuing," the BSF officer said.
The Pakistan Army and paramilitary forces continue to violate the November 2003 ceasefire and such transgressions have increased in the recent past.
The Indian Army guards the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir, while BSF troopers are deployed on the international border with Pakistan in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi raps Kerala for its policy on stray dogs
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!
- Usher announces new album 'Hard II Love'
- US to look for opportunities to advance India's NSG bid: Barack Obama