Clampdown on yatris movement
Udhampur: After Jammu, it is now Udhampur district administration which has imposed prohibitory restrictions on the movement of the Amarnath yatris.
Additional District Magistrate Udhampur Sukhdev Singh Sambyal imposed the restriction on the movement of the yatris through territorial jurisdiction of Udhampur district before the prescribed schedule of the yatra from June 25, officials said.
The move came as a result of protests by the Amarnath bound yatris, led by VHP activists, to commence the yatra from Jayeshth Purnima.
"This decision has been taken to circumvent any law and order problem and other problems related to logistical support, security and other related problems of the intended pilgrims proceeding to the holy cave through Udhampur in contravention to the schedule issued by the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board", they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress