Clash between locals and police, SHO injured
Srinagar: An inspector was among six persons
injured on Monday in a clash which broke out between police and
protestors over frequent power cuts in Bandipora district of
north Kashmir, officials said.
Residents of Garoora village in Bandipora, 45 kms from
here, staged a demonstration against non-availability of
electricity in their area, the officials said.
A police team led by Station House Officer Inspector
Nissar Ahmad asked the protestors to disperse peacefully but
they refused following which the police baton charged the
protestors, who retaliated by pelting stones on them, the
The SHO was injured after getting hit by a stone while
five protestors were hurt in police action.
Additional police personnel have been deployed in the
area to maintain law and order after normalcy was restored,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje