Clash between locals and police, SHO injured
Srinagar: An inspector was among six persons
injured on Monday in a clash which broke out between police and
protestors over frequent power cuts in Bandipora district of
north Kashmir, officials said.
Residents of Garoora village in Bandipora, 45 kms from
here, staged a demonstration against non-availability of
electricity in their area, the officials said.
A police team led by Station House Officer Inspector
Nissar Ahmad asked the protestors to disperse peacefully but
they refused following which the police baton charged the
protestors, who retaliated by pelting stones on them, the
The SHO was injured after getting hit by a stone while
five protestors were hurt in police action.
Additional police personnel have been deployed in the
area to maintain law and order after normalcy was restored,
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know