Clash between locals and police, SHO injured
Srinagar: An inspector was among six persons
injured on Monday in a clash which broke out between police and
protestors over frequent power cuts in Bandipora district of
north Kashmir, officials said.
Residents of Garoora village in Bandipora, 45 kms from
here, staged a demonstration against non-availability of
electricity in their area, the officials said.
A police team led by Station House Officer Inspector
Nissar Ahmad asked the protestors to disperse peacefully but
they refused following which the police baton charged the
protestors, who retaliated by pelting stones on them, the
The SHO was injured after getting hit by a stone while
five protestors were hurt in police action.
Additional police personnel have been deployed in the
area to maintain law and order after normalcy was restored,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued