Clashes in Amarnath Yatra camp leave over 24 injured
Srinagar: More than 24 people were injured Friday when clashes broke out between two groups in Kashmir`s Baltal base camp of Amarnath Yatra, police said.
Police said a scuffle between two people over a trifle matter resulted in clashes between two groups in Baltal base camp, around 100 km from Srinagar.
"Over two dozen people were injured in the clashes after a scuffle between a `langar` (free kitchen) manager and a local pony owner in Baltal in the morning. Police and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel have intervened," a senior police officer told IANS here.
"The situation is now under control now," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon