Clear all snow-bound roads: Minister to Kupwara administration
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir minister Mir Saifullah on Sunday directed the administration in Kupwara to make all snow-bound village roads traffic-worthy.
He asked the administration to press all men and machinery into service to clear all interior and links roads of accumulated snow.
The roads were closed following heavy snowing in the district recently.
Saifullah, the Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs minister, said top priority should be accorded to clearance of all road communications, especially in rural areas, to allow hassle-free movement of locals.
Mir asked the Bacon authorities to press more men and material into service for early reopening of Kupwara-Tangdhar road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- US lawmaker compares protest in US House to Rajya Sabha uproar
- Brexit overhang to dominate trading, markets may see-saw
- Jamiat Ulema-e-Pakistan leader Aqeel Anjum narowly escapes assassination attempt
- China's finance minister sees ''Brexit'' heightening uncertainty for markets
- Is Aamir Khan scared of 'Sultan'? Here's what Salman Khan has to say