CM Omar Abdullah demands LPG cap waiver for J&K
Srinagar:Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today said the state cannot be treated at par with other states of the country on the LPG cap issue in view of sub-zero temperatures during winters.
"I have told the Central Government that Jammu and Kashmir cannot be placed at par with Delhi and other states so far as supply of LPG is concerned," Omar said addressing a gathering in the Old City.
He said the people here have to live in sub-zero temperatures and face the difficulty of heavy snowfall.
"Our highways remain cut off for days together during winter months. There is already ban on cutting of forest trees. The supply of electricity to the state is limited and when we restrict the supply of LPG to them, where will they go?" he asked.
Omar said the state government is strongly advocating the case and some solution to the problem will be arrived at.
He also said he is fully aware of the difficulties being faced by the commoners on this count.
"I have given categorical directions to the police and concerned department to take severe action against unscrupulous agents indulging in black marketing and creating false scarcity", he said.
Omar said he has directed the CAPD Minister Qamar Ali Akhoon to remain stationed at Srinagar even after the Darbar move, till the problem of supply of gas cylinders to the consumers is over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks