CM Omar Abdullah demands LPG cap waiver for J&K
Srinagar:Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today said the state cannot be treated at par with other states of the country on the LPG cap issue in view of sub-zero temperatures during winters.
"I have told the Central Government that Jammu and Kashmir cannot be placed at par with Delhi and other states so far as supply of LPG is concerned," Omar said addressing a gathering in the Old City.
He said the people here have to live in sub-zero temperatures and face the difficulty of heavy snowfall.
"Our highways remain cut off for days together during winter months. There is already ban on cutting of forest trees. The supply of electricity to the state is limited and when we restrict the supply of LPG to them, where will they go?" he asked.
Omar said the state government is strongly advocating the case and some solution to the problem will be arrived at.
He also said he is fully aware of the difficulties being faced by the commoners on this count.
"I have given categorical directions to the police and concerned department to take severe action against unscrupulous agents indulging in black marketing and creating false scarcity", he said.
Omar said he has directed the CAPD Minister Qamar Ali Akhoon to remain stationed at Srinagar even after the Darbar move, till the problem of supply of gas cylinders to the consumers is over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery