CM Omar Abdullah demands LPG cap waiver for J&K
Srinagar:Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today said the state cannot be treated at par with other states of the country on the LPG cap issue in view of sub-zero temperatures during winters.
"I have told the Central Government that Jammu and Kashmir cannot be placed at par with Delhi and other states so far as supply of LPG is concerned," Omar said addressing a gathering in the Old City.
He said the people here have to live in sub-zero temperatures and face the difficulty of heavy snowfall.
"Our highways remain cut off for days together during winter months. There is already ban on cutting of forest trees. The supply of electricity to the state is limited and when we restrict the supply of LPG to them, where will they go?" he asked.
Omar said the state government is strongly advocating the case and some solution to the problem will be arrived at.
He also said he is fully aware of the difficulties being faced by the commoners on this count.
"I have given categorical directions to the police and concerned department to take severe action against unscrupulous agents indulging in black marketing and creating false scarcity", he said.
Omar said he has directed the CAPD Minister Qamar Ali Akhoon to remain stationed at Srinagar even after the Darbar move, till the problem of supply of gas cylinders to the consumers is over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations