CM to ask corporates to hold job fairs for youth
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah that he would persuade Indian corporations to
hold recruitment fairs in the state for educated and skilled
"They will help greatly to expand employment
orbit for the unemployed," Omar said while asserting that
creation of employment for youth is top priority for his
While reviewing the progress of S K Employment and
welfare programme (SKEWP)that was launched by the state
government last April, he said various measures were afoot to
address unemployment crisis and provide job opportunities to
the youth in both the government and the private sector.
According to official figures five lakh men and women are
unemployed in the state. Omar emphasised on revisiting the
norms of Voluntary Service Allowance (VSA) scheme to bring
more people under its ambit.
"The provisions of the scheme need to be reviewed," he
said while asking concerned departments to suggest measures
for making the scheme more viable and easy for the youth. He
stressed for early completion of targets set by District
Employment Counselling Centers to one year.
Abdullah also stressed on the need for concerned
departments to work in coordination and speedily carry forward
the construction programme for the counselling centres.
"There should be simultaneous capacity building with the
building of complexes," he said and asked the officers of
Employment Department and J&K Entrepreneurship Institute
(JKEDI) to fast track counselling programmes for the youth
intending to start their own ventures.
Omar said he would again review the progress of the
employment programme in September this year. The Chief
Minister asked the Jammu and Kashmir Bank and the Employment
Department to finalise the MoU to provide easier access to see
money to youth intending to start their own ventures.
The Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather, Minister for
Higher Education and Employment, Abdul Gani Malik, Minister of
State for Power, Shabir Ahmad Khan, Chief Secretary, S S Kapur
and Economic Advisor to the Government,Jalil Ahmad Khan also
attended the meeting.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed