Coalgate: BJP holds protest in Jammu
Jammu: As a part of party’s nationwide series of protests against the coal blocks allocation, the state unit of BJP Wednesday staged a dharna in Jammu.
Led by BJP state chief Shamsher Singh Manhas, party activists in large numbers carried out a march in the city and raised anti-Congress slogans.
The successive Congress governments at the Centre since independence have worked on the sole agenda of promoting nepotism and shielding the corrupt elements, Manhas said.
In its tenure, Congress has completely ignored the welfare of masses, he said.
Party spokesman Jitendra Singh said the nationwide protest of BJP on the coal blocks allocation is an effort to inform people about the prevailing corruption in the UPA regime.
Several scams have been reported in the tenure of Congress led UPA government and people are disappointed with its performance, national executive member of BJP Nirmal Singh said.
BJP MLA Ashok Khajuria slammed the UPA government and the coalition government in the state for the alleged corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!