Coalgate: BJP holds protest in Jammu
Jammu: As a part of party’s nationwide series of protests against the coal blocks allocation, the state unit of BJP Wednesday staged a dharna in Jammu.
Led by BJP state chief Shamsher Singh Manhas, party activists in large numbers carried out a march in the city and raised anti-Congress slogans.
The successive Congress governments at the Centre since independence have worked on the sole agenda of promoting nepotism and shielding the corrupt elements, Manhas said.
In its tenure, Congress has completely ignored the welfare of masses, he said.
Party spokesman Jitendra Singh said the nationwide protest of BJP on the coal blocks allocation is an effort to inform people about the prevailing corruption in the UPA regime.
Several scams have been reported in the tenure of Congress led UPA government and people are disappointed with its performance, national executive member of BJP Nirmal Singh said.
BJP MLA Ashok Khajuria slammed the UPA government and the coalition government in the state for the alleged corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!