Coalition govt misusing official machinery for LC polls: JKNPP
Jammu: Alleging misuse of official machinery for Legislative Council polls to be held under the Panchayat quota, the Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party staged an anti-government protest here on Tuesday.
Led by Coordination Secretary Jagdev Singh, over 150 JKNPP activists held a demonstration alleging the state government was misusing official machinery for LC polls.
Raising anti-government slogans, they torched effigies of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and the Election Commission.
"The government is misusing official machinery to garner votes of panches and sarpanches for coalition party candidates for the LC polls," Singh said.
Fearing rigging, he said the Panthers Party had demanded cancellation of the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read