Cold conditions continue in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: Cold conditions remained unabated in Kashmir Valley and Ladakh division as the mercury in most parts stayed below freezing point, MeT department said on Thursday.
Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, recorded a low of 1 degrees Celsius, slightly lower than previous night`s minimum of 1.5 degrees Celsius, a MeT Department official said.
The mercury settled at minus 0.1 degrees Celsius in Qazigund, the gateway town to the Kashmir Valley, almost same as previous night`s 0.0 degrees Celsius.
Kupwara, in north Kashmir, registered a low of minus 1.0 degrees Celsius, over two degrees down from the previous night`s 1.5 degrees Celsius, the official said.
The night temperature in south Kashmir`s Kokernag rose from minus 0.6 degrees Celsius the previous night to settle at 0.4 degrees Celsius.
However, Pahalgam hill resort, in south Kashmir, saw the mercury plunging by four degrees to settle at a low of minus 10.4 degrees Celsius last night.
The famous ski-resort of Gulmarg recorded a low of minus 7.8 degrees Celsius last night as compared to minus 7.6 degrees Celsius previous night.
The mercury in Leh, in the frontier region of Ladakh, dipped slightly to settle at a low of minus 13.6 degrees Celsius as compared to the previous night`s minus 12.8 degrees Celsius.
Nearby Kargil town recorded a low of minus 12.8 degrees Celsius as against the previous night`s minus 13.0 degrees Celsius, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown