Cold conditions continue unabated in Kashmir
Srinagar: Overnight rains lashed many areas of Kashmir including summer capital Srinagar, even as the cold wave tightened its grip with the minimum temperatures dipping in most parts of the Valley.
Srinagar received 2.7 mm of rainfall during the night and the mercury settled at a low of 1.6 degrees Celsius, over a degree down from the previous night`s 3.0 degrees Celsius, a MeT official said here on Sunday.
The official said Qazigund - the gateway town to Kashmir valley - received 28.3 mm rainfall and the temperature there settled at a low of 0.3 degree Celsius.
Pahalgam resort, which serves as base camp during annual Amarnath yatra, recorded 9.9 mm of rainfall and registered a minimum temperature of minus 8.0 degrees Celsius, over seven degrees down from minus 0.6 degree Celsius the previous night, the official said.
He said the night temperature in the famous ski-resort of Gulmarg increased by over a degree to record a low of minus 7.5 degrees Celsius as against the previous night`s minus 8.6 degrees Celsius.
The resort received snow and rains equivalent to 2.4 mm of rainfall, he said.
Kokernag, in south Kashmir, received 15.3 mm of rainfall during the night, the official said, adding the mercury in the town settled at a low of minus 2.1 degrees Celsius as against minus 0.2 degrees Celsius the previous night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today