Cold conditions continue unabated in Kashmir
Srinagar: Overnight rains lashed many areas of Kashmir including summer capital Srinagar, even as the cold wave tightened its grip with the minimum temperatures dipping in most parts of the Valley.
Srinagar received 2.7 mm of rainfall during the night and the mercury settled at a low of 1.6 degrees Celsius, over a degree down from the previous night`s 3.0 degrees Celsius, a MeT official said here on Sunday.
The official said Qazigund - the gateway town to Kashmir valley - received 28.3 mm rainfall and the temperature there settled at a low of 0.3 degree Celsius.
Pahalgam resort, which serves as base camp during annual Amarnath yatra, recorded 9.9 mm of rainfall and registered a minimum temperature of minus 8.0 degrees Celsius, over seven degrees down from minus 0.6 degree Celsius the previous night, the official said.
He said the night temperature in the famous ski-resort of Gulmarg increased by over a degree to record a low of minus 7.5 degrees Celsius as against the previous night`s minus 8.6 degrees Celsius.
The resort received snow and rains equivalent to 2.4 mm of rainfall, he said.
Kokernag, in south Kashmir, received 15.3 mm of rainfall during the night, the official said, adding the mercury in the town settled at a low of minus 2.1 degrees Celsius as against minus 0.2 degrees Celsius the previous night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says