Cold conditions remain unabated in Kashmir; Kargil coldest
Srinagar: Cold conditions continued
unabated in Kashmir division as Kargil town was the coldest
place in the region at a low of minus 21 degrees Celsius.
The mercury in Kargil town in Ladakh region plunged by
more than four notches and settled at a low of minus 21 deg C,
a MeT department official said.
The nearby Leh town, however, witnessed some respite
with an increase of more than four notches in minimum
temperature as the mercury there settled at minus 9.8 degrees
The minimum temperature in Srinagar City, the summer
capital of Jammu and Kashmir, fell by 1.5 degrees to settle at
minus 5.6 degrees Celsius, official said.
The skiing resort of Gulmarg in North Kashmir was the
coldest place in the Valley recording the night temperature of
minus 11.7 degrees Celsius, while Pahalgam tourist resort in
South Kashmir recorded minus 8.2 degrees Celsius.
Kokernag and Qazigund, the gateway town to Kashmir
Valley, were also reeling under freezing temperatures
recording a minimum of minus 7.9 and minus 8.0 degrees Celsius
Due to sub-zero temperature drinking water supply in
many areas remained suspended due to freezing of the pipes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?