Cold conditions remain unabated in Kashmir; Kargil coldest
Srinagar: Cold conditions continued
unabated in Kashmir division as Kargil town was the coldest
place in the region at a low of minus 21 degrees Celsius.
The mercury in Kargil town in Ladakh region plunged by
more than four notches and settled at a low of minus 21 deg C,
a MeT department official said.
The nearby Leh town, however, witnessed some respite
with an increase of more than four notches in minimum
temperature as the mercury there settled at minus 9.8 degrees
The minimum temperature in Srinagar City, the summer
capital of Jammu and Kashmir, fell by 1.5 degrees to settle at
minus 5.6 degrees Celsius, official said.
The skiing resort of Gulmarg in North Kashmir was the
coldest place in the Valley recording the night temperature of
minus 11.7 degrees Celsius, while Pahalgam tourist resort in
South Kashmir recorded minus 8.2 degrees Celsius.
Kokernag and Qazigund, the gateway town to Kashmir
Valley, were also reeling under freezing temperatures
recording a minimum of minus 7.9 and minus 8.0 degrees Celsius
Due to sub-zero temperature drinking water supply in
many areas remained suspended due to freezing of the pipes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery