Cold to intensify in Kashmir, Ladakh, says weatherman
Srinagar: The night temperatures across the Kashmir Valley and the Ladakh region in Jammu and Kashmir remained below the freezing point on Thursday. The weather office has forecast the cold would intensify here.
"The minimum temperature was minus 1.8 degrees Celsius in Srinagar, minus 3.6 in Pahalgam, and minus 0.8 in Gulmarg in the Kashmir Valley today (Thursday)," the weather office said.
The minimum fell to minus 10.0 in Leh and to minus 5.4 in Kargil town of Ladakh district today (Thursday).
"In Jammu region, the minimum temperature recorded today (Thursday) was 10.7 degrees," an official of the weather department said.
The official also said the weather is expected to be dry and cold during the next 48 hours, which means the night temperatures would fall further.
"The present cold wave conditions are likely to intensity further during the next 48 hours in the Valley because of clear night skies," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test