Cold to intensify in Kashmir, Ladakh, says weatherman
Srinagar: The night temperatures across the Kashmir Valley and the Ladakh region in Jammu and Kashmir remained below the freezing point on Thursday. The weather office has forecast the cold would intensify here.
"The minimum temperature was minus 1.8 degrees Celsius in Srinagar, minus 3.6 in Pahalgam, and minus 0.8 in Gulmarg in the Kashmir Valley today (Thursday)," the weather office said.
The minimum fell to minus 10.0 in Leh and to minus 5.4 in Kargil town of Ladakh district today (Thursday).
"In Jammu region, the minimum temperature recorded today (Thursday) was 10.7 degrees," an official of the weather department said.
The official also said the weather is expected to be dry and cold during the next 48 hours, which means the night temperatures would fall further.
"The present cold wave conditions are likely to intensity further during the next 48 hours in the Valley because of clear night skies," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites