Cold wave continues in Kashmir, Kargil coldest at -19.2 deg C
Srinagar: Cold wave continued in Kashmir Valley and Ladakh region as the minimum temperature in most parts settled below the freezing point, with the frontier town of Kargil being the coldest place in the state at over minus 19 degrees Celsius.
Kargil was the coldest recorded place in the state with the mercury settling at minus 19.2 degrees Celsius last night as against the previous night`s minus 18.4 degrees Celsius.
The minimum temperature in Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, continued to settle above the freezing point for the fourth day today as the city recorded a low of 0.6 degrees Celsius as against 0.9 degrees Celsius the previous night, an official of the MeT Department here said.
Mercury in Qazigund - the gateway town to Kashmir valley - settled at minus 0.4 degrees Celsius as against minus 1.0 degrees Celsius the previous night.
Kokernag, in south Kashmir, recorded a low of minus 1.7 degrees Celsius as compared to the previous night`s minus 1.3 degrees Celsius.
Mercury in the tourist resort of Pahalgam, also in south Kashmir, settled at a low of minus 5.6 degrees Celsius - almost same as the previous night`s low of minus 5.5 deg C.
The famous ski-resort of Gulmarg registered a low of minus 8.2 degrees Celsius as compared to minus 8.4 degrees Celsius the previous night.
Kupwara, in north Kashmir, recorded a low of 0.6 degrees Celsius, he said.
Leh, in the frontier region of Ladakh, recorded a low of minus 12.3 degrees Celsius, over eight degrees down from the minus 4 degrees C the previous night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow