Cold wave continues in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: Residents across Kashmir Valley and Ladakh region continued to shiver as the minimum temperatures hovered several degrees below the freezing point on Sunday, with water supply lines and water bodies, including the world famous Dal Lake, freezing under the intense chill.
Leh town in the cold desert of Ladakh continued to be the coldest place in the state with the night temperature registering a low of -18.4 degrees Celsius, a spokesman of Met department said.
In Kargil, also in the frontier region of Ladakh, the minimum night temperature was -14.4 degree Celsius.
The night temperature in summer capital Srinagar, which recorded the coldest night of this winter yesterday at a low of -5.8 degree Celsius, settled a notch above at -4.8 degree Celsius.
The minimum night temperature in the highway town of Qazigund in south Kashmir was -8.2 degree Celsius as against yesterday`s -8 degree Celsius.
The night temperature in Kokernag settled at a low of -8.3 degree Celsius, up by almost 2 degrees compared to yesterday`s 10.2 degree Celsius, he said.
In north Kashmir`s Kupwara town, where the previous night`s minimum was -4.8 degree Celsius, the minimum temperature settled at a low of -5.3 degree Celsius during the night.
The minimum night temperature in Pahalgam hill resort in south Kashmir was slightly up at -11.4 degree Celsius from the previous night`s minus -12.4 degree Celsius, he said, adding, the ski-resort of Gulmarg shivered at a low of -8 degree Celsius.
The Met office has said the weather will remain dry till the end of this month, with no major respite in cold wave conditions, indicating a drop in the night as well as day temperatures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!