Cold wave continues in Kashmir
Srinagar: The cold wave in Kashmir was unabated on Tuesday with the mercury plunging by a further four degrees and settling at minus 13.9 degrees Celsius in the
famous Gulmarg skiing resort.
Gulmarg recorded a low of minus 13.9 degrees Celsius, a MeT official said here today.
Kargil town also recorded the season`s lowest minimum of minus 23 degrees Celsius, he said.
Leh town, which recorded the previous low of minus 22.2 degrees Celsius this season yesterday, continued to freeze with a minimum temperature of minus 20.6 degrees Celsius, he said.
Elsewhere in the Valley, the cold wave intensified as Pahalgam witnessed a seven-degree drop in minimum temperature to settle at minus 14.4 degrees Celsius.
In Qazigund, the gateway town to Kashmir, the mercury slipped by three degrees to minus 11.8 degrees Celsius followed by Kokernag resort at minus 8.1 degrees Celsius.
The minimum temperature in Srinagar city, the summer capital of the state, remained almost unchanged at minus 4.3 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference