Cold wave continues in Kashmir
Srinagar: The cold wave in Kashmir was unabated on Tuesday with the mercury plunging by a further four degrees and settling at minus 13.9 degrees Celsius in the
famous Gulmarg skiing resort.
Gulmarg recorded a low of minus 13.9 degrees Celsius, a MeT official said here today.
Kargil town also recorded the season`s lowest minimum of minus 23 degrees Celsius, he said.
Leh town, which recorded the previous low of minus 22.2 degrees Celsius this season yesterday, continued to freeze with a minimum temperature of minus 20.6 degrees Celsius, he said.
Elsewhere in the Valley, the cold wave intensified as Pahalgam witnessed a seven-degree drop in minimum temperature to settle at minus 14.4 degrees Celsius.
In Qazigund, the gateway town to Kashmir, the mercury slipped by three degrees to minus 11.8 degrees Celsius followed by Kokernag resort at minus 8.1 degrees Celsius.
The minimum temperature in Srinagar city, the summer capital of the state, remained almost unchanged at minus 4.3 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’