Cold wave continues in Kashmir
Srinagar: The cold wave in Kashmir was unabated on Tuesday with the mercury plunging by a further four degrees and settling at minus 13.9 degrees Celsius in the
famous Gulmarg skiing resort.
Gulmarg recorded a low of minus 13.9 degrees Celsius, a MeT official said here today.
Kargil town also recorded the season`s lowest minimum of minus 23 degrees Celsius, he said.
Leh town, which recorded the previous low of minus 22.2 degrees Celsius this season yesterday, continued to freeze with a minimum temperature of minus 20.6 degrees Celsius, he said.
Elsewhere in the Valley, the cold wave intensified as Pahalgam witnessed a seven-degree drop in minimum temperature to settle at minus 14.4 degrees Celsius.
In Qazigund, the gateway town to Kashmir, the mercury slipped by three degrees to minus 11.8 degrees Celsius followed by Kokernag resort at minus 8.1 degrees Celsius.
The minimum temperature in Srinagar city, the summer capital of the state, remained almost unchanged at minus 4.3 degrees Celsius.
- GSGMC demands to remove DU book's chapter calling Bhagat Singh a terrorist
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video