Cold wave continues in Kashmir
Srinagar: The cold wave in Kashmir was unabated on Tuesday with the mercury plunging by a further four degrees and settling at minus 13.9 degrees Celsius in the
famous Gulmarg skiing resort.
Gulmarg recorded a low of minus 13.9 degrees Celsius, a MeT official said here today.
Kargil town also recorded the season`s lowest minimum of minus 23 degrees Celsius, he said.
Leh town, which recorded the previous low of minus 22.2 degrees Celsius this season yesterday, continued to freeze with a minimum temperature of minus 20.6 degrees Celsius, he said.
Elsewhere in the Valley, the cold wave intensified as Pahalgam witnessed a seven-degree drop in minimum temperature to settle at minus 14.4 degrees Celsius.
In Qazigund, the gateway town to Kashmir, the mercury slipped by three degrees to minus 11.8 degrees Celsius followed by Kokernag resort at minus 8.1 degrees Celsius.
The minimum temperature in Srinagar city, the summer capital of the state, remained almost unchanged at minus 4.3 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened