Cold wave intensifies in Kashmir and Ladakh
Srinagar: Cold wave conditions in the Kashmir Valley and Ladakh intensified Saturday even as the weather office predicted another spell of snowfall in the region next week.
"The cold wave conditions have intensified because of clear night skies in the valley and the Ladakh region. Leh Saturday recorded the coldest temperature of the season so far at minus 21.8 degrees while Kargil town recorded minus 21.0 degrees. The minimum temperature fell down to minus 5.0 degrees in Srinagar while it was minus 16.5 degrees in Pahalgam," Sonam Lotus, director of the meteorological office said here.
Lotus also said another spell of moderate snowfall was likely to occur in the valley between January 23 and 26.
"The snowfall could be rather heavy in the Pir Panjal mountain range," Lotus said.
Little traffic was seen on the roads of Srinagar Saturday morning because of highly slippery road conditions.
The surface of the Dal Lake continues to remain frozen at most places, with fisherman and boatmen unable to row in the frozen waters of the lake.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended