Cold wave intensifies in Kashmir and Ladakh
Srinagar: Cold wave conditions in the Kashmir Valley and Ladakh intensified Saturday even as the weather office predicted another spell of snowfall in the region next week.
"The cold wave conditions have intensified because of clear night skies in the valley and the Ladakh region. Leh Saturday recorded the coldest temperature of the season so far at minus 21.8 degrees while Kargil town recorded minus 21.0 degrees. The minimum temperature fell down to minus 5.0 degrees in Srinagar while it was minus 16.5 degrees in Pahalgam," Sonam Lotus, director of the meteorological office said here.
Lotus also said another spell of moderate snowfall was likely to occur in the valley between January 23 and 26.
"The snowfall could be rather heavy in the Pir Panjal mountain range," Lotus said.
Little traffic was seen on the roads of Srinagar Saturday morning because of highly slippery road conditions.
The surface of the Dal Lake continues to remain frozen at most places, with fisherman and boatmen unable to row in the frozen waters of the lake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi