Cold wave intensifies in Kashmir
Srinagar: Cold wave in Kashmir including Ladakh region has intensified with Leh town registering season`s lowest temperature at minus 9 degree Celsius, MeT Department said on Sunday.
"Leh town was the coldest recorded place in the state as last night as the mercury dipped from minus 5.2 degree Celsius to minus 9 degree Celsius," a MeT Department official said.
Nearby Kargil town recorded a low of minus 6 degree Celsius, a drop of 2 degree compared to previous night.
In Gulmarg ski resort of north Kashmir, the mercury recorded a 1.7-degree drop to settle at a minimum of minus 5.5 degree Celsius, he said.
The official said Pahalgam in south Kashmir also recorded a sub-zero temperature of minus 4.6 degree Celsius.
Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, recorded a low of zero degree Celsius.
The MeT Department has forecast mainly dry weather across Kashmir division over the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list