Cold wave intensifies, Leh coldest at minus 21 deg
Srinagar: Leh town in Ladakh region experienced its coldest night of the season with mercury plunging 21 degrees below freezing point even as cold wave in Kashmir region intensified.
Leh town in Ladakh recorded the coldest night of this
season as mercury settled at a low of minus 21.8 degrees
Celsius, an official of the MeT department said.
Nearby Kargil town recorded a low of minus 21.0 degrees
Celsius, making it the second coldest place in the state.
In Kashmir Valley, Pahalgam resort was the coldest place
at minus 16.5 degrees followed by Gulmarg Skiing resort at
minus 16.2 degrees Celsius, the official said.
Qazigund, the gateway town to Kashmir, recorded a low of
minus 12.4 degrees Celsius followed by Kokernag resort at
minus 9.9 degrees Celsius.
Srinagar city, the summer capital of the state, saw
mercury dipping to minus 5.0 degrees Celsius last night.
The weatherman has forecast moderate snowfall at many
places in the Valley in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1