Cold wave returns to Kashmir
Srinagar: Night temperatures across Kashmir dropped slightly after a day`s relief, bringing back the cold wave conditions prevalent over the Valley in the last week.
The spell of dry and intense cold wave over the last week was broken Sunday night as parts of the Valley received light snowfall, which brought a considerable improvement in the temperatures.
However, minimum temperatures across the Valley went further below the freezing point last night with the summer capital Srinagar registering a low of -1.6 degree Celsius, down from the previous night`s -0.4 degree Celsius, a spokesman of Met department said.
The minimum night temperature in Pahalgam hill resort in south Kashmir dropped a little over two notches to settle at -7.1 degree Celsius from the previous night`s -5 degree Celsius, he said.
The ski-resort of Gulmarg which shivered at a low of -6 degree Celsius the previous night, recorded a low of -6.3 degree Celsius, he said.
Night temperature in the highway town of Qazigund in south Kashmir was -4.6 degree Celsius as against yesterday`s -2.4 degree Celsius, colder by over two degrees.
The night temperature in Kokernag settled at a low of -5.6 degree Celsius, as against the previous night`s -3.3 degree Celsius, he said.
In north Kashmir`s Kupwara town, where the previous night`s minimum was -2.9 degree Celsius, the minimum temperature settled at a low of -2.6 degree Celsius.
The minimum temperatures in Leh and Kargil towns of Ladakh were not available, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir