Cold weather conditions persist in Kashmir
Srinagar: The Kashmir valley continued to
reel under cold conditions on Thursday even as the Leh district witnessed
a slightly warmer night.
Other towns also recorded an increase in night
Leh town in the Ladakh region witnessed a freezing minus
8.0 degrees Celsius last night, which was an increase of
three degrees from the previous night when the minimum
temperature there was minus 11.0 degrees Celsius, a MeT
The Kargil town in Ladakh region recorded the minimum of
minus 6.6 degrees Celsius, the official said.
He said Srinagar city received some respite from the
freezing weather as the minimum temperature here remained
above the freezing point.
The minimum temperature overnight in the summer capital
was 0.2 degrees Celsius, an increase of two degrees compared
The official said the night temperature in the south
Kashmir tourist resort of Pahalgam was minus 1.6 degrees
Celsius, an increase of 2.9 degrees while as the skiing resort
of Gulmarg froze at minus 1.0 degrees Celsius, a comparative
increase of 2.4 degrees.
The gateway township in south Kashmir, Qazigund, recorded
a minimum of minus 0.8 degrees Celsius, an increase of 3.2
degrees while as the north Kashmir`s frontier Kupwara district
recorded 0.9 degrees Celsius, an increase of 3.3 degrees
compared to yesterday.
The official said the weather is expected to remain
dry for next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what