Coldest night of the season in Srinagar
Srinagar: Srinagar city, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, witnessed the coldest night of this winter as mercury plunged four degrees below freezing point last night.
The minimum temperature recorded in Srinagar was minus 4 degrees Celsius last night, making it the coldest night of the season so far, an official of the MET department said.
He said Leh town in Ladakh region was the coldest recorded place in the state where mercury dipped to minus 17 degrees Celsius last night while nearby Kargil district recorded a low of minus 11.6 degrees Celsius.
Gulmarg skiing resort in north Kashmir recorded a minimum temperature of minus 7.6 degrees Celsius while Pahalgam in south Kashmir recorded a low of minus 7.4 degrees Celsius, the official said.
He said other weather observatories in the Valley recorded a low of around minus 4.0 degrees celsius.
While the minimum temperature is one degree below normal for this time of the year, the valley is witnessing unusually bright and sunny days.
The weatherman has forecast dry weather over the next couple of days with snowfall or rain expected on December 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!