Colonel, Major chargesheeted in Machil encounter case
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Police today
filed a chargesheet against an Army Colonel, a Major and seven
others in a case of alleged fake encounter in which three
youths were killed in the frontier district of Kupwara in
April this year.
Official sources the charegsheet has named Col D K
Pathania, Maj Upinder and four others of the unit besides a
Territorial Army jawan and two others for allegedly
conspiring and kidnapping three youths from Sopore on the
pretext of giving them jobs and later killing them in the
higher reaches of Kupwara claiming they were terrorists.
The chargesheet was filed in the court of Chief Judicial
Magistrate in Sopore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi