Colonel, Major chargesheeted in Machil encounter case
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Police today
filed a chargesheet against an Army Colonel, a Major and seven
others in a case of alleged fake encounter in which three
youths were killed in the frontier district of Kupwara in
April this year.
Official sources the charegsheet has named Col D K
Pathania, Maj Upinder and four others of the unit besides a
Territorial Army jawan and two others for allegedly
conspiring and kidnapping three youths from Sopore on the
pretext of giving them jobs and later killing them in the
higher reaches of Kupwara claiming they were terrorists.
The chargesheet was filed in the court of Chief Judicial
Magistrate in Sopore.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Ravana, the demon king is worshipped in these Indian temples
- 50,000 security personnel to guard last phase of West Bengal Assembly Election 2016
- As Donald Trump becomes presumptive nominee, China urges objectivity
- WATCH: On this day, destructive AB de Villiers smashed Dale Steyn for 23 runs in one over
- JD(U) member of Rajya Sabha raises issue of paucity of judges