Colonel, Major chargesheeted in Machil encounter case
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Police today
filed a chargesheet against an Army Colonel, a Major and seven
others in a case of alleged fake encounter in which three
youths were killed in the frontier district of Kupwara in
April this year.
Official sources the charegsheet has named Col D K
Pathania, Maj Upinder and four others of the unit besides a
Territorial Army jawan and two others for allegedly
conspiring and kidnapping three youths from Sopore on the
pretext of giving them jobs and later killing them in the
higher reaches of Kupwara claiming they were terrorists.
The chargesheet was filed in the court of Chief Judicial
Magistrate in Sopore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?