Come forward with solution to Kashmir issue, I will quit: Omar to PDP
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday offered to relinquish power in favour of the Peoples Democratic Party if it comes forward with a "certain and categorical solution" to Kashmir issue.
"You (PDP) have 21 Assembly members. I will provide you the support of my (National Conference`s) 28 Assembly members and you will have 50 seats with you.
"Let you come forward with a certain and categorical solution to Kashmir issue? I am ready to relinquish the office in this regard," Omar told a public meeting at Pattan in Kashmir`s Baramulla district.
He was referring to the statement of PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed in which he had sought 40 seats in the state Assembly for resolving the Kashmir issue.
Omar said PDP`s tall claims have always fallen flat and people have understood that the party`s only agenda is to grab power "by hook or by crook".
"PDP`s tall claims have always fallen flat and people have understood its dubious characteristic.
"What a lie you are telling to people? The people have understood your only agenda of grabbing power by hook or by crook. The public is wise enough to be led astray by you time and again," the Chief Minister said.
"The leadership of the PDP should see the writing on the wall," he said.
The masses have written this party off for its "brazen lies, deceptive politics and vested interests", Omar said.
The PDP has "lost ground" and it is trying to raise new slogans and make false promises to attract public attention, the Chief Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore