Committed to work for upliftment of women in JK: NC
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir National Conference on Saturday said it was committed to work for upliftment of women in the state.
"National Conference is committed to uplift women in the state as it was the dream of the founder of the party late Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah," Laxami Dutta, president of party`s J&K women wing said here.
She said the party, from its very inspection, had worked for uplifting poor, downtrodden and weaker sections of the society through its "Naya Kashmir" programme, and ensured that its benefit reaches to every nook and corner.
The state government has also launched various projects for the welfare of the women, she said.
Dutta also asked workers to remain vigilant and be prepared for the fourthcoming local body polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand