Committed to work for upliftment of women in JK: NC
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir National Conference on Saturday said it was committed to work for upliftment of women in the state.
"National Conference is committed to uplift women in the state as it was the dream of the founder of the party late Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah," Laxami Dutta, president of party`s J&K women wing said here.
She said the party, from its very inspection, had worked for uplifting poor, downtrodden and weaker sections of the society through its "Naya Kashmir" programme, and ensured that its benefit reaches to every nook and corner.
The state government has also launched various projects for the welfare of the women, she said.
Dutta also asked workers to remain vigilant and be prepared for the fourthcoming local body polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan