Committed to work for upliftment of women in JK: NC
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir National Conference on Saturday said it was committed to work for upliftment of women in the state.
"National Conference is committed to uplift women in the state as it was the dream of the founder of the party late Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah," Laxami Dutta, president of party`s J&K women wing said here.
She said the party, from its very inspection, had worked for uplifting poor, downtrodden and weaker sections of the society through its "Naya Kashmir" programme, and ensured that its benefit reaches to every nook and corner.
The state government has also launched various projects for the welfare of the women, she said.
Dutta also asked workers to remain vigilant and be prepared for the fourthcoming local body polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!