Committed to work for upliftment of women in JK: NC
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir National Conference on Saturday said it was committed to work for upliftment of women in the state.
"National Conference is committed to uplift women in the state as it was the dream of the founder of the party late Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah," Laxami Dutta, president of party`s J&K women wing said here.
She said the party, from its very inspection, had worked for uplifting poor, downtrodden and weaker sections of the society through its "Naya Kashmir" programme, and ensured that its benefit reaches to every nook and corner.
The state government has also launched various projects for the welfare of the women, she said.
Dutta also asked workers to remain vigilant and be prepared for the fourthcoming local body polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’