`Communal approach will weaken people`s struggle against govt`
Jammu: Exhorting the people to be ready for a relentless struggle against the "total failure" of the Omar Abdullah government, the Jammu Kashmir People`s United Front on Sunday said regional or communal approach would only weaken the people`s struggle against miss-governance and exploitation.
"There should an alternative policy route that ensures basic rights and does not rely on charity," JKPUF convener and MLA M Y Tarigami told a convention in Kathua district today.
"People should come out of slumber and prepare themselves for a relentless, protracted and result-oriented struggle. There is no room for illusions and people should prepare for a united struggles," Tarigami said.
JKPUF, a newly-formed organisation of several political outfits, held its second convention in the district today.
Explaining the aims and objectives of the front, Tarigami highlighted the acute problems and miserable conditions being faced by the people of the state.
Instead of taking concrete measures to mitigate the sufferings of the masses and provide good governance, parties which have been ruling the state for decades are creating mere illusions and selling dreams for electoral gains, he said.
He also demanded food security, health care, right to employment, adequate unemployment allowance, and welfare schemes for senior citizens and differently-abled persons.
Sheikh Abdul Rehman, the state president of the Samajwadi Party, appealed to the people of the state to join the ranks of the Peoples United Front.
He criticised the government for its dismal performance, and alleged that the present dispensation had failed to fulfil its promises and had instead taken anti-people measures for the benefit of a privileged few.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!