`Communal approach will weaken people`s struggle against govt`
Jammu: Exhorting the people to be ready for a relentless struggle against the "total failure" of the Omar Abdullah government, the Jammu Kashmir People`s United Front on Sunday said regional or communal approach would only weaken the people`s struggle against miss-governance and exploitation.
"There should an alternative policy route that ensures basic rights and does not rely on charity," JKPUF convener and MLA M Y Tarigami told a convention in Kathua district today.
"People should come out of slumber and prepare themselves for a relentless, protracted and result-oriented struggle. There is no room for illusions and people should prepare for a united struggles," Tarigami said.
JKPUF, a newly-formed organisation of several political outfits, held its second convention in the district today.
Explaining the aims and objectives of the front, Tarigami highlighted the acute problems and miserable conditions being faced by the people of the state.
Instead of taking concrete measures to mitigate the sufferings of the masses and provide good governance, parties which have been ruling the state for decades are creating mere illusions and selling dreams for electoral gains, he said.
He also demanded food security, health care, right to employment, adequate unemployment allowance, and welfare schemes for senior citizens and differently-abled persons.
Sheikh Abdul Rehman, the state president of the Samajwadi Party, appealed to the people of the state to join the ranks of the Peoples United Front.
He criticised the government for its dismal performance, and alleged that the present dispensation had failed to fulfil its promises and had instead taken anti-people measures for the benefit of a privileged few.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan