Compensate kin of those killed during Amarnath land row: JPPF
Jammu: The Jammu Province Peoples Forum (JPPF) on Saturday demanded compensation for the kin of those killed during the Amarnath land row agitation in 2008.
The Jammu and Kashmir government had announced relief of Rs 5 lakh each to the kin of those killed in Ramban firing recently, JPPF chief Pavitar Singh said here.
But no ex-gratia or any kind of compensation had been given to the kin of those killed during the Amarnath land row stir, he said.
"This shows double standards of the state government while dealing with Jammu province," Singh said.
As many as 14 people had been killed during the 63-day-long agitation.
The JPPF president demanded an independent probe into the Ramban firing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed