Compensate kin of those killed during Amarnath land row: JPPF
Jammu: The Jammu Province Peoples Forum (JPPF) on Saturday demanded compensation for the kin of those killed during the Amarnath land row agitation in 2008.
The Jammu and Kashmir government had announced relief of Rs 5 lakh each to the kin of those killed in Ramban firing recently, JPPF chief Pavitar Singh said here.
But no ex-gratia or any kind of compensation had been given to the kin of those killed during the Amarnath land row stir, he said.
"This shows double standards of the state government while dealing with Jammu province," Singh said.
As many as 14 people had been killed during the 63-day-long agitation.
The JPPF president demanded an independent probe into the Ramban firing.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference