Compensate kin of those killed during Amarnath land row: JPPF
Jammu: The Jammu Province Peoples Forum (JPPF) on Saturday demanded compensation for the kin of those killed during the Amarnath land row agitation in 2008.
The Jammu and Kashmir government had announced relief of Rs 5 lakh each to the kin of those killed in Ramban firing recently, JPPF chief Pavitar Singh said here.
But no ex-gratia or any kind of compensation had been given to the kin of those killed during the Amarnath land row stir, he said.
"This shows double standards of the state government while dealing with Jammu province," Singh said.
As many as 14 people had been killed during the 63-day-long agitation.
The JPPF president demanded an independent probe into the Ramban firing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days