Compensate kin of those killed during Amarnath land row: JPPF
Jammu: The Jammu Province Peoples Forum (JPPF) on Saturday demanded compensation for the kin of those killed during the Amarnath land row agitation in 2008.
The Jammu and Kashmir government had announced relief of Rs 5 lakh each to the kin of those killed in Ramban firing recently, JPPF chief Pavitar Singh said here.
But no ex-gratia or any kind of compensation had been given to the kin of those killed during the Amarnath land row stir, he said.
"This shows double standards of the state government while dealing with Jammu province," Singh said.
As many as 14 people had been killed during the 63-day-long agitation.
The JPPF president demanded an independent probe into the Ramban firing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31