Complete BRO bridge in J&K, pending for 10 years: RS MP
New Delhi: Inordinate delay in construction of a bridge by Borders Road Organisation (BRO) on a national highway at Sopore in Jammu and Kashmir today figured in Rajya Sabha with a member demanding its immediate completion besides an investigation into the delay.
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, Saifuddin Soz (Cong) said "the BRO has become defunct in its operations in the field. It has become so defunct that it could not complete a bridge on the highway near Sopore in 10 years leaving entire North Kashmir in difficult conditions."
He alleged such a situation has become due to posting of retired army officials in BRO.
The situation has deteriorated to such an extent that despite the Chief Minister stating that he will lead a protest march, the bridge could not be completed.
Demanding an investigation into the delay, he drew the attention of the government towards immediate completion of the bridge.
Some of the members associated themselves with the demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves