Complete BRO bridge in J&K, pending for 10 years: RS MP
New Delhi: Inordinate delay in construction of a bridge by Borders Road Organisation (BRO) on a national highway at Sopore in Jammu and Kashmir today figured in Rajya Sabha with a member demanding its immediate completion besides an investigation into the delay.
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, Saifuddin Soz (Cong) said "the BRO has become defunct in its operations in the field. It has become so defunct that it could not complete a bridge on the highway near Sopore in 10 years leaving entire North Kashmir in difficult conditions."
He alleged such a situation has become due to posting of retired army officials in BRO.
The situation has deteriorated to such an extent that despite the Chief Minister stating that he will lead a protest march, the bridge could not be completed.
Demanding an investigation into the delay, he drew the attention of the government towards immediate completion of the bridge.
Some of the members associated themselves with the demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Kareena is part of 'Veere Di Wedding': Sonam Kapoor
- Ajay Devgn, Emraan Hashmi starrer 'Baadshaho' begins shoot!
- Nitish Kumar seeks PM Modi's help to desilt Ganga, says feel like crying at river's condition in Bihar
- INSIDE DELHI METRO: Is this what happens to men who enter ladies coach? WATCH
- Gujarat Assembly ratifies GST Bill unanimously