Complete BRO bridge in J&K, pending for 10 years: RS MP
New Delhi: Inordinate delay in construction of a bridge by Borders Road Organisation (BRO) on a national highway at Sopore in Jammu and Kashmir today figured in Rajya Sabha with a member demanding its immediate completion besides an investigation into the delay.
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, Saifuddin Soz (Cong) said "the BRO has become defunct in its operations in the field. It has become so defunct that it could not complete a bridge on the highway near Sopore in 10 years leaving entire North Kashmir in difficult conditions."
He alleged such a situation has become due to posting of retired army officials in BRO.
The situation has deteriorated to such an extent that despite the Chief Minister stating that he will lead a protest march, the bridge could not be completed.
Demanding an investigation into the delay, he drew the attention of the government towards immediate completion of the bridge.
Some of the members associated themselves with the demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price