Confident of forming next govt in Jammu and Kashmir, says BJP
Jammu: Gearing up for the upcoming Jammu and Kashmir Assembly elections, BJP on Monday said it is confident of achieving its mission of winning more than 44 seats to form the next government in the state.
"With the efforts of all the workers, BJP will definitely form the next government in Jammu and Kashmir," senior BJP leader and former IGP, Farooq Khan said.
The former IPS officer, flanked by Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) state chief Ravinder Raina, was addressing the day-long Working Committee meet at Rajouri district here.
Khan lauded the efforts made by party workers during the Lok Sabha elections in which three out of six parliamentary seats in the state went to BJP.
He encouraged workers, asking them to gear up and increase the pace of work to reach out to every nook and corner of the state in order to meet people`s expectations from the party.
Raina also expressed his views on important issues and suggested ways and means to contribute to `Mission 44+` seats.
Noting that people of the state are "fed-up" with the alleged misrule of the NC-Congress coalition government, Raina said that better co-ordination between Shakti Kendra and Ward Presidents with polling booth workers is very important.
"It is the most opportune time for the people of the state to throw the NC-Congress coalition government," he said, adding that only BJP is the single party that can bring change in the state.
District party president Bharat Bushan Vaid presented the detailed report on party`s organisational setup and different programmes undertaken during the past months.
He assured that the district unit will further gear up its activities to mobilise more and more voters in favour of the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!