Confident of forming next govt in Jammu and Kashmir, says BJP
Jammu: Gearing up for the upcoming Jammu and Kashmir Assembly elections, BJP on Monday said it is confident of achieving its mission of winning more than 44 seats to form the next government in the state.
"With the efforts of all the workers, BJP will definitely form the next government in Jammu and Kashmir," senior BJP leader and former IGP, Farooq Khan said.
The former IPS officer, flanked by Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) state chief Ravinder Raina, was addressing the day-long Working Committee meet at Rajouri district here.
Khan lauded the efforts made by party workers during the Lok Sabha elections in which three out of six parliamentary seats in the state went to BJP.
He encouraged workers, asking them to gear up and increase the pace of work to reach out to every nook and corner of the state in order to meet people`s expectations from the party.
Raina also expressed his views on important issues and suggested ways and means to contribute to `Mission 44+` seats.
Noting that people of the state are "fed-up" with the alleged misrule of the NC-Congress coalition government, Raina said that better co-ordination between Shakti Kendra and Ward Presidents with polling booth workers is very important.
"It is the most opportune time for the people of the state to throw the NC-Congress coalition government," he said, adding that only BJP is the single party that can bring change in the state.
District party president Bharat Bushan Vaid presented the detailed report on party`s organisational setup and different programmes undertaken during the past months.
He assured that the district unit will further gear up its activities to mobilise more and more voters in favour of the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal