Cong leader files complaint against party Minister
Srinagar: A district president of Congress has lodged a police complaint alleging he was being issued death threats by a party minister in Jammu and Kashmir government who has denied the charge.
Baramulla district Congress president Mir Mushtaq Nowsheri said he has lodged the compliant in Police station Boniyar after Taj Mohiuddin, Minister for Medical Education, threatened over phone to kill him.
"The issue was about reinduction of block president Syed Moahmmad into the party, who was illegally ousted by Taj Mohiuddin some time back. I supported the reinduction of Mohammad in the party at meeting chaired by Public Health Engineering minister Sham Lal Sharma," Nowsheri said.
He alleged that as soon as the minister came to know about it, he made several threatening calls.
"The Minister threatened to bury me alive and bulldoze my house. As a precautionary measure, I lodged a complaint with police station Boniyar but so far I have not been provided a copy of the FIR," Nowsheri alleged.
Mohiuddin has rubbished the allegations saying Nowsheri was trying to "climb up the ladder" using his name.
"He is a non-entity and wants to come into limelight. Police complaints have to be backed up by evidence. He should come forward with the evidence, if he has any," the minister said.
Police said it did not take any action on the complaint filed by Nowsheri as no cognizable offence could be made out.
"We have informed the complainant that no cognizable offence can be made out based on the complaint he had filed," SHO Boniyar police station Phunsong Wangchuk said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video