Cong MLA demands CBI inquiry into damage of Assembly complex
Jammu: Challenging the findings of the report submitted by the government probe panel into the collapse of a wall of heritage legislative building complex in Jammu, a Congress MLA on Monday demanded a high-level inquiry by an independent body like Crime Branch or CBI.
"I demand a high-level inquiry by an independent body like Crime Branch or CBI into the matter," former Minister and Congress MLA from Doda constituency Abdul Majid Wani said in a statement.
A wall of the historic Assembly complex collapsed on December 10 due to digging work taking place close to the complex for construction of new Legislative complex in Jammu.
He accused the Jammu and Kashmir Project Construction Corporation (JKPCC) of shelving off and delaying completion of important projects and showing high degree of delinquency in execution of other state projects.
The MLA has also requested Chief Minister Omar Abdullah to order performance audits of all ongoing engineering projects of JKPCC in the state.
JKPCC engineers and contractors could not take required precautions while digging, excessively, surface of the old complex for constructing the new complex, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Planning parenthood through surrogacy? Things you need to know
- When Muslim men chanted `Hindustan Zindabad`, `Pakistan Murdabad` slogans on Hyderabad roads – Watch
- US warns EU ahead of Apple tax evasion ruling
- Facebook, Twitter, Google failed to tackle terrorism: Panel
- Conversion of forest land the reason behind weakening of monsoon: Research