Cong MLA demands CBI inquiry into damage of Assembly complex
Jammu: Challenging the findings of the report submitted by the government probe panel into the collapse of a wall of heritage legislative building complex in Jammu, a Congress MLA on Monday demanded a high-level inquiry by an independent body like Crime Branch or CBI.
"I demand a high-level inquiry by an independent body like Crime Branch or CBI into the matter," former Minister and Congress MLA from Doda constituency Abdul Majid Wani said in a statement.
A wall of the historic Assembly complex collapsed on December 10 due to digging work taking place close to the complex for construction of new Legislative complex in Jammu.
He accused the Jammu and Kashmir Project Construction Corporation (JKPCC) of shelving off and delaying completion of important projects and showing high degree of delinquency in execution of other state projects.
The MLA has also requested Chief Minister Omar Abdullah to order performance audits of all ongoing engineering projects of JKPCC in the state.
JKPCC engineers and contractors could not take required precautions while digging, excessively, surface of the old complex for constructing the new complex, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra