Cong MLA demands CBI inquiry into damage of Assembly complex
Jammu: Challenging the findings of the report submitted by the government probe panel into the collapse of a wall of heritage legislative building complex in Jammu, a Congress MLA on Monday demanded a high-level inquiry by an independent body like Crime Branch or CBI.
"I demand a high-level inquiry by an independent body like Crime Branch or CBI into the matter," former Minister and Congress MLA from Doda constituency Abdul Majid Wani said in a statement.
A wall of the historic Assembly complex collapsed on December 10 due to digging work taking place close to the complex for construction of new Legislative complex in Jammu.
He accused the Jammu and Kashmir Project Construction Corporation (JKPCC) of shelving off and delaying completion of important projects and showing high degree of delinquency in execution of other state projects.
The MLA has also requested Chief Minister Omar Abdullah to order performance audits of all ongoing engineering projects of JKPCC in the state.
JKPCC engineers and contractors could not take required precautions while digging, excessively, surface of the old complex for constructing the new complex, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened