Cong MLA demands CBI inquiry into damage of Assembly complex
Jammu: Challenging the findings of the report submitted by the government probe panel into the collapse of a wall of heritage legislative building complex in Jammu, a Congress MLA on Monday demanded a high-level inquiry by an independent body like Crime Branch or CBI.
"I demand a high-level inquiry by an independent body like Crime Branch or CBI into the matter," former Minister and Congress MLA from Doda constituency Abdul Majid Wani said in a statement.
A wall of the historic Assembly complex collapsed on December 10 due to digging work taking place close to the complex for construction of new Legislative complex in Jammu.
He accused the Jammu and Kashmir Project Construction Corporation (JKPCC) of shelving off and delaying completion of important projects and showing high degree of delinquency in execution of other state projects.
The MLA has also requested Chief Minister Omar Abdullah to order performance audits of all ongoing engineering projects of JKPCC in the state.
JKPCC engineers and contractors could not take required precautions while digging, excessively, surface of the old complex for constructing the new complex, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured