Cong MLA threatens to resign over J&K minister`s activities
Jammu: A Congress MLA in Jammu and Kashmir on Monday threatened to resign alleging discrimination against his assembly segment by a state minister, who also belongs to the same party.
MLA Mohmmad Sharief Naiz also alleged that the minister is indulging in anti-party activities by supporting opposition workers.
He, however, did not disclose the minister`s name.
"If this so-called (Congress) minister does not stop activities against me and anti-Congress acts in Bhaderwah and High Command do not take any action against him, then I have no any option but to resign from the MLA seat," Naiz said.
Naiz, a former state minister, said he has written in this regard to AICC president Sonia Gandhi.
He alleged the minister is "ignoring" his genuine demands of public importance related to his Bhaderwah constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery