Cong MLA threatens to resign over J&K minister`s activities
Jammu: A Congress MLA in Jammu and Kashmir on Monday threatened to resign alleging discrimination against his assembly segment by a state minister, who also belongs to the same party.
MLA Mohmmad Sharief Naiz also alleged that the minister is indulging in anti-party activities by supporting opposition workers.
He, however, did not disclose the minister`s name.
"If this so-called (Congress) minister does not stop activities against me and anti-Congress acts in Bhaderwah and High Command do not take any action against him, then I have no any option but to resign from the MLA seat," Naiz said.
Naiz, a former state minister, said he has written in this regard to AICC president Sonia Gandhi.
He alleged the minister is "ignoring" his genuine demands of public importance related to his Bhaderwah constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Argentine football legend Diego Maradona's passport stolen, unable to travel to Dubai
- RBI calls for ownership change of companies with sticky loan accounts
- Building a sports culture crucial to winning medals at Olympics: Pullela Gopichand
- Maharashtra, Haryana Assemblies unanimously ratify GST Bill
- India to grow at 7.6% in FY'17, GST to boost trade, investment: RBI