Cong MLA threatens to resign over J&K minister`s activities
Jammu: A Congress MLA in Jammu and Kashmir on Monday threatened to resign alleging discrimination against his assembly segment by a state minister, who also belongs to the same party.
MLA Mohmmad Sharief Naiz also alleged that the minister is indulging in anti-party activities by supporting opposition workers.
He, however, did not disclose the minister`s name.
"If this so-called (Congress) minister does not stop activities against me and anti-Congress acts in Bhaderwah and High Command do not take any action against him, then I have no any option but to resign from the MLA seat," Naiz said.
Naiz, a former state minister, said he has written in this regard to AICC president Sonia Gandhi.
He alleged the minister is "ignoring" his genuine demands of public importance related to his Bhaderwah constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi