Cong MLA threatens to resign over J&K minister`s activities
Jammu: A Congress MLA in Jammu and Kashmir on Monday threatened to resign alleging discrimination against his assembly segment by a state minister, who also belongs to the same party.
MLA Mohmmad Sharief Naiz also alleged that the minister is indulging in anti-party activities by supporting opposition workers.
He, however, did not disclose the minister`s name.
"If this so-called (Congress) minister does not stop activities against me and anti-Congress acts in Bhaderwah and High Command do not take any action against him, then I have no any option but to resign from the MLA seat," Naiz said.
Naiz, a former state minister, said he has written in this regard to AICC president Sonia Gandhi.
He alleged the minister is "ignoring" his genuine demands of public importance related to his Bhaderwah constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!